Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Why I Do It

     Here's a photo of one of the first real books I bought as a young collector.  One example why I spend endless hours hunched over lead type to print.  A book can be such a beautiful work of art and design to see and touch before you even reach the treasures awaiting you inside.  As I saw and collected more books I looked for my favorite author's works and bought multiple bindings and editions because each was unique in its own way. 
     But it's the magic and wonder you find weaving themselves among the pages that gives you a sense of living within those tales and time becomes suspended. 
     To help bring a book into existence and honor it with suitable attire satisfies my own imagination and expression.   
 

      To share the magic of these authors' visions with others is an old and sacred work in some ways and one I enjoy immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment